According to the latest UK House Price Index from the ONS and Land Registry. House prices rose by 6.7% in the year to November 2016, up from 6.4% in the year to October 2016,
Other Key Findings
- The average UK house price was £218,000 in November 2016. This is £14,000 higher than in November 2015 and £2,000 higher than October.
- England saw house prices increasing by 7.2% over the year to November 2016, with the average price in England now £234,000.
- Wales saw house prices increase by 4.1% over the last 12 months to stand at £147,000.
- In Scotland, the average price increased by 3.3% over the year to stand at £143,000. The average price in Northern Ireland currently stands at £124,000.
- The East of England is the region which showed the highest annual growth, with prices increasing by 10.5% in the year to November 2016.
- Growth in the South East was second highest at 8.6%.
- Growth in London was 8.1%.
- The lowest annual growth was in the North East, where prices increased by 3.2% over the year.