The latest UK House Price Index from the ONS and Land Registry has shown a slow start to the year with a fall of 0.3%.
- Annual house price growth slowed from 5.0% in December last year to 4.9% in January 2018.
- The East Midlands showed the highest annual growth, with prices increasing by 7.3% in the year to January.
- South West at 6.9% and the West Midlands and East of England (both 5.3%)
- The lowest annual growth was in the North East, where prices increased by 0.7% over the year
- London Growth was at 2.1%.