A survey of 2,000 homeowners, commissioned by property consultants Cluttons, has given insight into the nations thoughts on how the decision to leave the EU may impact on their future property purchases.
- Over three quarters (82.07%) of people surveyed aged 55+ agreed that the Brexit decision hasn’t impacted their property purchase intensions at all
- Despite the Government triggering article 50, a third (35.00%) of homeowners say they are looking to move or upgrade their current property with 72% of people stating that Brexit has no impact on their intension to purchase.
- Top 3 regions that state Brexit has not impacted
their property purchasing intentions:
- 1. South East (78%)
- 2. Midlands (77%)
- 3. Scotland and South West (75%)
- This was closely followed by London (73%), Wales (73%) and Northern Ireland (69%)
- 29% of the total UK residents surveyed, agreed that they found the Brexit decision a chance to capitalise on a failing market
- 5% of people were not buying a house until the Brexit process has been completed.